Obesity Care Requires Teamwork,
and it starts with YOU!
It may seem hard to believe, but not all healthcare professionals only see your weight. During Obesity Care Week 2023, we want you to know that there is hope! There are healthcare providers out there who can offer compassionate high-quality care and want you to feel welcome, comfortable and safe while in their office. You deserve a qualified, trained medical provider who can partner with you in your journey to improved health, no matter where you are in your journey.
Your health is worth fighting for. It’s time to take the necessary steps to find a healthcare provider that will help you manage your obesity and reach your health goals.
Learn how to start the conversation with your healthcare provider about your weight and health:
Search the Obesity Care Provider Locators and make an appointment with a healthcare professional near you.
- Obesity Action Coalition (OAC): obesitycareproviders.com
- The Obesity Society (TOS): obesity.org/tos-provider-directory/
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS): asmbs.org/patients/find-a-provider
- Obesity Medicine Association (OMA): obesitymedicine.org/find-obesity-treatment/
Your Voice, Your Power: Urge Key Decision Makers to Prioritize Obesity Care!
- Sign the OCW2023 Letter to President Biden!
- Urge Your State Decision Makers to Prioritize Obesity Coverage!
- Urge Your Federal Decision Makers to Prioritize Obesity Coverage!