OCW2021 by the Numbers
Social media interactions
Legislators contacted to support TROA
Thank You for Telling Us Why You Care about Obesity!
What is OCW?
Originally founded in 2015, OCW (Obesity Care Week) has a global vision for a society that understands, respects and accepts the complexities of obesity and values science and clinically-based care.
Obesity Care Week (OCW) aims to change the way society cares about obesity by:
- Providing science and clinically-based education on obesity
- Advocating for access to affordable and comprehensive care
- Weight bias in healthcare, employment, entertainment and education needs to end.
- Individuals with obesity need to work with a healthcare provider to manage their obesity long-term.
- Obesity is a chronic disease that needs access to and coverage of science-based treatment to improve an individual’s weight and health.
- Healthcare providers need training to provide effective, compassionate, science-based care and use shared decision-making.
- Providers and policy makers must recognize the need for further investment in the education, prevention and treatment of the disease of obesity.